Sunday, March 17, 2013

New Mixed Media Cords

Last week just before (I mean just, as in Thursday when we were leaving Friday)  we left to go to the Twin Cities Bead Bazaar I made these mixed media cords. I had the idea Wednesday and just had to try it out and make them up.   I am using all of my fiber stash to make them.  There are sparkly metallic fibers from my stash of serger threads and lovely shiny satin fibers.  They feel just fantastic.

 I had to figure out packaging really fast, so I don't know if this is how they will stay but it works for now.  And they hung nicely on my rack with the necklace displayed below.

I also had to have a display and while this is not as fancy as I have in my head it does show how you can use the cording.  The cords seemed to go over pretty well I had to come home and make some more to take to my next show in Madison next weekend.

No comments: