Thursday, July 09, 2009

Northern Lights Collection


The newest of my jewelry collections for the summer is the Northern Lights Collection. I had a goal to make a new jewelry collection for each of my summer shows and the last show got two collections made and thought I was never going to get even one finished in time for this weekends show, but I did it.

The Northern Lights collection has fun new wire work and soft etched beads. I have always thought these beads almost glowed and truly the pictures do not do them justice. I used stainless steel wire on these which is new for me as I have always used silver but I did not want to chance tarnishing with these pieces so the stainless just seemed to be the ticket.
The bracelets were so much fun to make that I got carried away and made four of them. Of course I think they are prettiest if you wear two or more at a time any way.

And there always needs to be earrings. I made a pair to pretty much match each of the bracelets and of course the necklace has all the colors so any of them would go.

Hubby and I will be in Brookings SD this weekend for the Brookings Summer Arts Festival in Pioneer Park so if you are any where close come and see us I will be in booth 110. Saturday is supposed to be a lovely 77 degrees so I am sure it will be a great day to walk the festival.

No comments: