Friday, November 07, 2008

While we were in New York


While we were in Michigan and New York the trees were just the most beautiful colors. It has been a long time since we have seen trees like that. Besides that fact that here in South Dakota there are not that many trees we also do not get the colors as we do not have many of the Maples and Oaks that really make the fall seem like fall to me.
We did get to go to the city one day and got to see lots of things. I had wanted to go to the American Folk Art Museum and we did that first thing then we went to Times Square and Rockefeller Plaza.
Then we went to Central Park to a huge playground where Griffin could play for a while. He was so good the entire time we stayed with my sister and her husband. Even this day got through all the boring stuff for a four year old and then played his little heart out when we got to the playground.

It was sure a great trip I have been trying to figure out how we could go back again. There are a bunch more museums I would like to go to.

2 comments:

Regina said...

"Trying to figure out how we could go back again."
That's a sure sign that you had a great trip. Even though there are many places in the USA that I would like to see, I find myself wanting to return to places we've been so I can savor them more.
Thanks for sharing about your trip.

TanyaMcGuire said...

We ate such good food and saw something fun every day it was so exciting to be away where there was so much to see. I think retirement is calling our names very hard these days.