Friday, August 17, 2007

Hi! I am sure many of you thought I dropped off the face of the planet. Not so but I have been on one heck of a ride these last couple of weeks. Brandon (my son) and I came home from Florida only to have to try to get a flight right back. My husband lost his mother to an 18 year battle with Ovarian Cancer in a matter of hours after we had gotten on the first plane. It hit kind of hard she had fought so hard for so long I am not sure that we did not think she would fight this one out once again.

It has made me think harder about many things I had already been thinking about and about some that had just been sitting in the back of my mind for a while. If we do not get up tomorrow have we treated our family the way we truly wanted to treat them or have we gone through the day without really recognizing they are there. Have we treated ourselves the way we should. Did we enjoy the day or just go through it. Do our jobs mean something or are we just working for things. Any way that has been where my body and soul have been so now I am going to go sit in a very quiet living room (everyone went one way or another this morning) and make a bracelet just for the fun of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.

TanyaMcGuire said...

Thank you Stephanie, It has been a long couple of weeks.