Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This I know is a strange picture. It is one of the shopping bags that I have been crocheting the past month or so. I wanted to show it to you because I have an upcoming project that I have decided to use this technique for it. I am participating in a Art Auction called "Art in the Bag" that the Midwest Lampworkers Guild is sponsoring in October. I am going to make a messenger bag style bag out of the cut up shopping bags. Then last night as I was trying to go to sleep I started thinking about all the accessories that the bag is going to need inside it that I can make out of recycled and saved from the trash things. So now I have to find some of the heavier shopping bags to make a wallet and a makeup bag. So what else do you think the bag is going to need in it. I am going to make a list here on the blog and show the things as I make them. Help with your ideas please.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A case for glasses, or a checkbook cover? Great recycling idea!

TanyaMcGuire said...

Thanks Stephanie.

Anonymous said...

what about a cell phone holder?

Anonymous said...

What about a key chain holder?

TanyaMcGuire said...

Got them girls just added them to the list.