Wednesday, December 05, 2007




Sonja Harms sent me a couple of pictures of one of the necklaces she has made with the bottle pendants that I have been making. I just love the seed bead fringe piece she has used to decorate it. These pendant pieces are just some of the ideas I have for recycling glass bottles. I have been having friends save all there cool bottles for me and then I have been cutting them up and melting them and also tumbling them to get cool beach glass pieces. The recycling thing is something I have been thinking about for a while as glass is so easy to use again and yet so hard to get recycling centers to take. Here in Huron we have no recycling programs at all. The metal we can take in to a shop that does cans and other metals and my plastic drink bottles I take to the Human Society as the puppies love them to chew on but that is about all we can do. It bugs me to waste things so and to send them to the dump. So I have been trying out some new ideas at least for the glass. Okay enough of a rant on to other things.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Tanya,

Cool idea with the recycled glass. Hope you don't get blasted with a lot more snow. We are supposed to get 2-5 inches tomorrow and that amount again on Saturday. Tonight on the news they were mentioning more snow next week also.

TanyaMcGuire said...

Yes I need to make something like this myself. Still making rings but no time to make the jewelry.